Wednesday, April 14, 2010

hurt

On Saturday I ran 7.2 miles. My legs didn't like it. I thought it was just from running farther than I ever have in my life. I was wrong. I have a groin pull. So what did I do? I took Sunday off. I thought this will be enough. I ran 2 miles on Monday. It actually felt pretty good, I took it slow. Then Tuesday came. Still felt a little tenderness so I was going to lift, stretch and do abs. But then 2 of the guys at the Y convinced me to run with them. I kept up for a little while. Then fell behind because of my pace and my injury. But I ran a total of 3.1 miles (with a little walking). I felt it. But what did I do? I played tag with my daughter that night. Started hurting more. The final straw? I picked up my 6 1/2 month old in his exer-saucer and thought I was going to cry in pain. EVERY MUSCLE THAT CONNECTS MY LEG TO THE REST OF ME HURTS!

Moral of the story?

If something hurts take it easy. If you don't it could get worse.

At least I am currently ahead of schedule in my training. So when I can run again (hopefully Sunday) I will right on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment