Sunday, May 30, 2010

The goal was to finish

Today I ran the MIssissippi 10 miler in St. Paul with my Dad. It was tough. There were too many variable from my normal running routine that I hit bottom. I am very glad that dad was there to help me get through it because otherwise I may have just gone to the side of the path and taken a nap. Our finish time was 2 hours 5 minutes. 12.5 minute miles. I really was hoping for 11 minute pace or better.

Things I learned. Don't change what you eat in the morning. I normally eat 1/2 a fiber one bar. Today I had a bagle asssuming I needed more power. BAD IDEA. If you are accustome to walking every so many miles then do it. Don't over do it in the beginning. If you walk too much through out the run you will end up with leg craps that make it difficult to start running again.

BUT I FINISHED and that was the goal. Next year dad and I will run it 15 minutes faster. Also I know what I need to change for the 1/2 marathon at the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment