Thursday, July 8, 2010

got the blood flowing

I hemmed and hawed and finally decided that yes I should work out over lunch. I have had a headache for a few days now and couldn't decided if I should or even wanted to. I decided if I did an easy work out it would be good for me.

I started out on the treadmill with the plan of doing a 9% incline for 30 minutes at 4 mph. Well that seemed to slow so I increased it to 4.2. Then after 15 minutes I went to a 12%. I did that for 5 minutes. I felt good so I went back to 9% and increased my speed to 4.5 mph. Then for my last 2 minutes I decided to run. I sprinted at 8 mph. I ended up doing 2.2 miles in 30 minutes.

I am going to count this workout towards my 500 mile because even though it was a walk it was an intense walk.

My headache has subsided for now so I am glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment