Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm Back!


Its 2011 and now it is time to start training for my second 1/2 marathon. I am not real sure which one I am going to do since I am not real sure what my schedule is but the training is beginning.

My goals for the year in addition to the 1/2 are the following:

1. No matter what my week is like run a minimum of 6 miles per week.

2. Run the half plus 5 races. I did that many last year so I figure its a goal that is easy to reach. I would like to do a variety of distances but we will have to see what is available and works with my schedule.

So how am I doing so far on the 8th of January?

Well I bought new shoes - featured above. Don't they look fast? I think they completely match my personality. They have gotten me in the right training mindset because I want to show them off.

I have not had the best week of working out but I have gotten 5 miles in 2 sessions. I plan to run again tomorrow to ensure I get my 6 miles.

The training begins. For those of you who follow me wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back! I love the new shoes :) Looking forward to reading about your running adventures again this year.

    ReplyDelete