Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 4

Today I was supposed to run 3 miles and do strength training. Well I started running and realized my calf was super tight. So I stopped and stretched. I made it to the one mile mark and had to stretch again. I ran another mile and had to call it quits. So I got 2 miles done. Better than nothing. I think tonight I will spend some time doing more stretches to keep the muscles loose.

As for the strength training I am saving it for tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day but I have been roped into trying this exercise class call cross fit extreme. So I plan to do that. Hopefully I am still able to move when I am done. I have heard stories about the class.

Also, I figure that the training is a guide. I know that between work and two small children I will not be able to get every day of the training done perfectly. But I am starting it at 24 weeks instead of 12 and I know that I can manipulate the schedule and my week to accomplish what is required just in my own way.

2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with your progress and dedication! It is so hard to get into a routine of ANY kind, let alone train for a 1/2 marathon or marathon...to make it more difficult, you weren't a runner before...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am trying but its gonna be a long journey still.

    ReplyDelete