Tuesday, January 5, 2010

JANUARY 5TH

Today I got to the Y and planned on running a mile and then doing some strength training. Well I guess its good that I was planning on doing more than just running today. All of the cardio machines were full. So starts the crazy month of January and everyone's new years resolutions.

So I did a lot of ab work. - leg lifts, planks, crunches, and an exercise that my dad showed my daughter this weekend. Then I did some free weights. One of the girls at the Y told me about a new strength training exercise. Its a 3 minute routine where you stand with your arms straight and curl low weight dumbbells for one minute from straight to 90º. Then for minute 2 you curl from 90º to your shoulders. The final minute you do the whole move - straight to shoulders. I was only using 5 lbs weights and I was hurting 1/2 way through.

I did run for 5 minutes at the end just to get my muscles moving since they were sore from yesterday. I ran part of the time at 5.5 mph and the rest at 6 mph.

Starting next week I plan to start a training plan I found online. Its for a 12 week period but I figure I can do each week twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment