Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day one and two

Yesterday I started training. Since my son was born I have only been back to working out consistently for a week and 1/2. Right now my only work out time is lunch time when I work so I had to wait until I was back full time to get a good work out. Once Henry sleeps a little more and eats a little less I plan to make working out more of a priority after work and on the weekends. I am going to have to if I want to make my 1/2 marathon goal. After my last two work outs I am sure of this.

Day one: Monday, November 2nd
The Y was actually full so I had to start on the elliptical. 6 minutes later a treadmill was open. I ran 2 walked 2 for a total of 30 mins. I just barely got two miles in. Then I STRETCHED. My muscles are very tight so stretching is going to be imperative.

Day Two: Tuesday, November 3rd
Tuesdays and Thursdays are normally my lifting days but I got the H1N1 shot on Monday which made my arm pretty sore so I opted for cardio, stretching, and just a little arm work. Therefor I did 10 mins on the treadmill. Ran 4 walked 2 ran 4. Then stretched and did some planks. Then I did 10 more minutes on the treadmill. I planned to run 5 walk 2 run 3. I got through the 5 minutes of running and had such a side stitch that I only could walk the last 5. Then more stretching and planks.

This is going to be a long journey. Lung capacity is an issue. Its gonna happen though I just have to keep my focus.

1 comment:

  1. OK Sweetie, Dad here. Mom pointed out the blog, and if I am going to do the 1/2 with you, I will try and keep up with your blog and add some stuff myself. From my prior experience, it will take a while to get going, but once you cross the magic line, it will seem to all fall together. Not sure what speed you are setting up the treadmill for, but I always have to tell myself, start slower so I can go further. Keep it up. We don't have to have a fast time for our race, just to complete your first one!!

    Love you! Dad

    ReplyDelete