Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Short workout

Today I had a short workout due to other obligations. But since it was a lifting day I still got a good workout in. I lifted arms - 3 sets of 10 for each exercise. I can feel the burn in the back of my arms. Then I hopped on the treadmill for 5 minutes. I figure even on lifting days I should do some running so that I can keep progressing in my running ability.

I am also trying to take 20-30 minutes before bed each night for stretching, push-ups, and crunches. My lunch hour just isn't long enough to get everything in that needs to be done. So as long as the kids cooperate I will use the time for ab work and additional stretching.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sweetie,

    Dad here. I did my workout today also. Ran 30 minutes. Started at 6.3. then jumped up to 6.5. Did 7.5 for the last few minutes. I guess we need to decide on a rough speed so that we are training together. However, lets not worry about that until next Feb or so. That shoud give you plenty of time to work on getting to that point. Are you keeping a running log? I made a brief Excel spread sheet with columns for Date, Distance, Time, location and remarks. I just put treadmil for location unles I actually do laps or a longer route. Just something to give me a rough idea of what kind of run I did.

    Might be helpful for you as you get farther down your running plan.

    Hello to all. Dad

    ReplyDelete