Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6

Today I awoke stressed, exhausted, overwhelmed, flustered, and on the verge of crying. Between work, lack of sleep, feeling like I never accomplish anything, and feeling as if there is not enough of me to go around I just wanted to stay in bed and hope tomorrow would be better.

But Henry needed to eat, clients were waiting for drawings, and a million other things were calling my name. I knew I had a long day ahead of me but I got out of bed.

Then noon came. I debated taking a nap but instead mustered up the energy and went to the Y. I started feeling less stressed the moment I got there. So I ran out all of my exhaustion, frustration, and stress. I ran for the longest continuous amount of time yet and feel 100% better. It always surprises me that exerting more energy can make me less tired.

Workout:
• Ran 1 mile - 13.5 mins (walked the first minute but ran the rest continuously)
• Stretched, planks, a few other yoga stances
• Then I felt so great I hopped back on the treadmill and ran for 6 more minutes. And I bet I could have gone longer if my lunch hour wasn't nearing an end.


1 comment:

  1. Dad here again. Good for you. I know with my work schedule that finding time to workout is sometimes a challenge, but I always feel better when I do. I added up my miles that I ran for 2009 so far. Almost 1100 miles through treadmill, laps at the lake close by and my longer routes from home. This is the biggest year I have ever had for miles.

    I got off on a tangent. Keep up the running plan. I am looking forward to our half marathon together.

    ReplyDelete