Friday, November 20, 2009

Ta Da Ta!

Although I missed working out 3 days in a row I did meet goal one of my immediate goals. I ran continuously for 30 mins at 4.5 mph. YAY!!! It felt pretty darn good too.
Goal #2 is 30 mins at 5 mph.

I talked to a marathon runner today at the Y. She reminded me of a few things that I need to do while I am training.

1. Don't always run on the treadmill. Outside running and track running is different so you need to get both types of running in.
2. Cross-train. Put variety in your workout - resistance training is important . And mix up the cardio. BIke ride once in awhile or swim so your muscles get a mix of work.
3. Try a 5K or 10K prior to the race so you are accustom to running in a group and determine your real pace. You will run differently in a group than alone. So I think I am going to do the Snow Shuffle 5k

http://www.active.com/running/waterloo-ia/snow-shuffle-5k-2009

Well that's all for now. More updates on my work out tomorrow I hope


No comments:

Post a Comment