Wednesday, June 2, 2010

5 miles

I ran after work today. I knew I needed to more than 3.5 which is about all I can fit in over lunch so I arranged with my husband for some running time. I did 5.1 miles in 59 minutes 50 seconds. So just over a pace of 11.5 minutes per mile. This is a slow pace but I took Dad's advice because, "running slow is a lot better than walking fast". I ran 95% of my run today. I was in the right place mentally too. And I didn't eat anything for 2 hours prior to running. :-)

I also decided to run the My Waterloo Days 5K on Saturday. I need to do something to get in a better mindset after last weekend. A 5k should be a breeze and really boost my confidence and competitive edge. Plus the race is close. To get more miles in I plan to run to the race and home. By taking a direct path its just over 1 mile from my house. Then I will take an indirect path home.

No comments:

Post a Comment