Sunday, June 27, 2010

What its all been for


Today was the 1/2 marathon. I was a little nervous going into it because it was storming pretty bad. I was nervous it would either be canceled or we would have to run in the rain. It ended up being perfect weather. The gun went off and the rain stopped. It was nice and cool until the last mile or two.

This race was way better than the 10 miler. I felt good, I was in the right mental state, and I ran well. I ran at least 95% of the time. I ran a little slower but slow and steady is better than pushing it and not being able to complete it. My unofficial time is 2 hours 30 minutes. I keep checking the race site to find out my real time but it has not been posted yet.

I have to admit I didn't see my time when I crossed the finish line cause I was a little teary eyed. I was so happy I was finishing strong and my knees hurt so bad. So my watch is what I have to go by.

Dad did end up running with me and it was very nice. I did listen to my headphones (an audio book) to make sure I was not in my head like the 10 miler so dad and I didn't talk much but it was nice to know he was right there.

And I am already planning to run it again next year. Although I can barely walk right now.

Next month I am not running any races but in August I am doing a 5K with my husband, August I am running the 8 miler I was supposed to do in May, and September I am going to do a 10K. So although the 1/2 marathon has come and gone I am still going to be a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment