Thursday, June 10, 2010

thoughts from the pool

Why is it that I can run a 1/2 mile in 5 or 6 minutes but it takes a 1/2 hour to swim a 1/2 mile?

It just seems odd since when you run just your legs propel you and when you swim its your entire body.

Also why doesn't the smell of chlorine wash from your skin?

Well as you can guess I swam today for my cross-training. I did 1/2 a mile.

A year-to-date summary:
I have run a total of 216.2 miles. 67 of those were in the month of May. WOW. This month I have done 18 miles and it is only the 10th. In January I only ran 22 miles the entire month. Wow what an improvement.

This weekend I intend to run the same route I ran yesterday to see if I can manage any improvement. The race is in 3 weekends. So this weekend I will run 11 miles again. Next weekend I will do 12 miles. Then the race is the following weekend and is 13 miles. I figure if I am able to do 12 what is one more... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment