Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My day off work

I took the day off like I said in my last post. I woke up and took the kids to daycare. Then drove to the park so I could run. I ended up running just over 11 miles in 2:06:27. A whole mile more in the about the same amount of time as the 10 miler. Yay! The run was pretty good. I ran continuously the fist 30 minutes. The first hour I only walked a total of 10 minutes. The second hour was a little rougher. But I did it and I made good time.

After I ran I went to the store then headed home. I painted my son's room, showered, then cleaned the house. I then did a second coat of paint. I was go go go. I even kept track of the number of times I went up our stairs; 15 times since my run.

Then a church meeting, dinner with the family, and we topped off the day with a walk (1 mile total) to Dairy Queen.

It was a very productive day. It wasn't a dream vacation but I got a lot done and now I am ready for bed (its only 9:45)

1 comment: