Sunday, June 13, 2010

I can't run faster than rain.

I tired to run the same path I ran on Wednesday but due to the rain I cut out 1/2 mile loop. I did 10.5 miles in 1:56:20. Which is faster than last time since that missing 1/2 mile would not have taken me 10 minutes. The best part is I ran continuously the first 50 minutes. Of course my knee and hip were less than happy with me so my second half of the run was not as good.

Then the rain came. I was not quite 3/4 done with the run when I heard thunder. First I thought it was my music since some of the songs have thunder in their intros. But then I realized I was in a middle of a song that had no thunder. I tried to pick up the pace to beat the rain but I did not make it. However I did make it to my car just as the really hard rain started.

The race is 2 weeks from today. I hope to get a 3 mile run and a 5 mile run in during this next week. Then I will do 12 miles on Saturday or Sunday. Then the following week I will try to get a 10 mile run in one evening plus some 3 mile runs in.

Then the race is on Sunday June 28th. Anyone who wants to meet me at the finish line I should be there by 9:30 am.

1 comment: